Studio set up, design consultations and repairs.
To hire Shawn for repairs, or studio consultations see contact info below.
- Phone Mon-Fri 9-5 (502)387-0495
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
It can be a daunting task trying to understand the big picture and the intricacies of running a successful and thriving ceramics studio. Let me help you take the guess work out of it by lending you my experience and by providing solutions to all the issues that can plague a pottery studio and prevent it from reaching its potential. Listed below you'll see just a few of the questions that I've worked through. I have come across any problem that will come your way and can save you years of hassle and headache. In each situation I've learned great solutions and I'm delighted to share those with you. During your consultation we'll cover these and all other relevant concerns.
Studio set up and design
- Where do you get the best deals on the best made pottery wheels, kilns and other essential equipment?
- Which brands should be purchased to give you the best long term durability for the money?
- What electrical and power limitations do you have specific to your location, and how will those specs influence your kiln and equipment purchases?
- What brand, cone and style of clay and glazes should be stocked in your studio?
- What should prospective students and members be charged for offered services?
- How do I set up accounts with local distributors to get the best deals for supplies?
Actual kiln repair photo before and after (above)
San Francisco bay area kiln and equipment repair services.
Step one in any kiln or equipment repair is a thorough evaluation and a quote. In many cases, and the best case scenario, the kiln can be repaired on the spot. Occasionally, specific parts will have to be ordered and a 2nd visit scheduled.
- Kiln, Wheel, and slab roller repair
- I will come to you. Repairs will take place at your home, school or business.
- Rates are $85 per hour labor plus parts- 1 hour minimum
- I will leave you and your kiln in great condition. I will explain exactly what I did to repair your kiln and answer any questions you have. I can also give custom tutorials to suit your needs. For ex:
-Digital control box programming to fit your specific needs
-Kiln safety and proper firing techniques and more.